The American Red Cross has created the Circle of Drowning Prevention. These 5 layers of protection can help prevent drowning accidents.
- Provide close and constant attention to children you are supervising in or near water.
- Fence pools and spas with adequate barriers, including four-sided fencing.
- Learn swimming and water-safety survival skills.
- Children, inexperienced swimmers, and boaters should wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets.
- Always swim in a lifeguarded area.
Remember that swimming safety is always important. Happy Swimming!