Pool Safety Covers
What is a Pool Safety Cover?
It is a strong and durable safety mesh pool cover, which holds up to 500 lbs. while helping to prevent water evaporation. Our covers strain leaves, dirt, and debris from rainwater, letting just the water penetrate. This cuts down on the use of chemicals and helps keep your pool cleaner. Our pool covers are environmentally conscious while providing safety and peace of mind.
How can we offer all of these perks?
It all starts with our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility that includes computer-aided design and a carefully engineered layout that maximizes efficiency. Santa Monica to Santa Clarita, West Covina to Woodland Hills; we have a team of professionals that work together to serve our community. From the factory to your home, we are dedicated to providing high-quality service. Meticulously designed, computer engineered, and equipped with state-of-the-art stitching, our swimming pool covers meet and exceed ASTM standards. In fact, we are so confident in the quality of our product, we offer two warranties on all of our pool covers. More detailed information on our warranties can be found in our Pool Safety FAQs section
What are the Benefits of a Pool Safety Cover?
PEACE OF MIND SAFETY
The greatest benefit we offer is the peace of mind that comes with knowing your swimming area is safe and conducive for small children and pets. The CDC reports that drownings are the number one cause of death in ages 1-4 and most drownings occur in home pools due to a lack of proper barriers. Made from the highest quality materials and impeccable construction, our pool safety covers will let you feel relief knowing your pool is safe for your loved ones. Our innovative webbing offers a “trampoline” effect allowing our mesh pool covers to bend without breaking. Furthermore, our swimming pool safety covers are reinforced with springs and anchors providing durability and ensuring that they will not rip or tear.
Drought-Conscious Swimming Pool Covers
Aside from their strength, our pool covers offer the added benefit of being environmentally conscious. As we all know, here in California, the drought is a major issue and it is pertinent that we all do our part to conserve the little water we do have by using a pool cover to conserve water. Our swimming pool covers help reduce water evaporation, meaning you won’t have to fill up your pool as often. Additionally, the mesh pool covers’ material allows rainwater to seep through, letting nature fill your pool! The Association of California Water Agencies and the Mayor of Los Angeles has issued a voluntary request for pool covers, which if the drought continues could potentially become mandated.
Cleaner Pool / Spa
Mesh pool covers are not only a benefit for the environment, but you will also see the benefits in your wallet. Our pool covers will help reduce the monthly cost of pool maintenance! They reduce water evaporation, letting rainwater fill your pool, and cut down on cleaning and chemical use. Swimming pool covers are by far the best bang for your buck! They protect against leaves, debris, and small animals, and are even capable of heating your pool. They help cut down on algae growth, which again reduces maintenance costs. The Department of Energy estimates you will recoup the cost of the swimming pool cover within 3 years of purchase.
Types of Safety Covers
Pool Guard of LA proudly offers 2 types of American Manufactured swimming pool covers:
Secur-A-Pool® Safety Cover is renowned for its strength, durability, and ease of installation. It’s the easy-to-install, no-maintenance cover that gives the pool owner total peace of mind. Secur-A-Pool® Safety Covers meet or exceed pool safety cover performance standards as set forth in ASTMF 1346-91.
- New and improved – durable, long-lasting, and increased weave count polypropylene mesh fabric for added strength and shading.
- Mesh material eliminates standing water hazards by allowing water and melting snow to drain through.
- Screens out dirt and debris for easy springtime opening.
- Strong safety-minded construction.
- Secures pool from children, pets, and stray animals.
- The tamper-proof design prevents entry without installation rod – installs and removes in minutes.
- Improves the look of your pool in the off-season.
Pro Mesh is considered our Premium safety mesh pool cover material that gives you solid cover benefits without the added weight. Pro Mesh offers stronger springs and tighter covers. Pro Mesh covers come standard with commercial-grade springs on Custom Covers.
- Made from a unique weave of polypropylene mesh, made exclusively for Pool Guard, that blocks out algae-producing UV rays, making springtime opening a snap!
- Tight mesh construction allows water to drain from the surface – filtering out dirt, leaves, and debris!
- Nearly 50% lighter than solid covers for easier installation, removal, and storage.
- Super strong for greater tear resistance and winter wearability. Excellent for commercial or residential use.
- Comes standard with commercial-grade springs on custom pool covers.
- Excellent for commercial or residential use.
- Meets or exceeds pool safety cover performance standards as set forth in ASTMF 1346-91.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,886,187 – 98% Shade
All pool safety covers come with:
- A convenient storage bag, installation instructions, warranty, and cover care guide. It also includes all hardware installation pieces such as a heavy-duty installation tool, tamping tool, spring covers, and Allen key.
- Springs with specially designed bends ensure there are no gaps between the swimming pool and the decking, keeping the wind from blowing debris under the pool cover.
- We provide a special installation tool that is tamper-resistant.
- Both products are available in 4 colors- Green, Blue, Tan & Gray
Pool Guard dealers are trained to use an onsite program that allows them to measure the pool for a safety cover using an interactive CAD (computer-aided design) program that illustrates the dimensions of the pool cover as the data is entered. This streamlines the manufacturing process as well as provides a dramatic reduction in possible incorrect measurement data. The end result is that the customer gets a superior fitting pool safety cover in a shorter amount of time than the industry standard.
What to expect:
Installation is seemingly effortless given our highly trained field employees. Our universal installation tools make it simple to adjust to the variety of properties and surfaces we service. Installation is minimal leaving your property virtually untouched or unaltered. Our workers are swift, efficient, and always clean up after themselves.
The whole process, from the first measurement to the completed installation takes about 2-3 weeks.